Dr. habil. sc. ing.
Head of Laboratory
Phone +371 7 543306
Fax +371 7 820467
Education and degrees
- Dipl. Mech., Moscow State University, 1959.
- Cand. Sc. (Ph.D.), Moscow State University, 1963.
- Dr. of Science, Latvian SSR Academy of Sciences, 1973.
- Nostricified to Dr. habil. sc. ing., Latvia, 1992.
- Latvian State Prize winner 1983.
- USSR State Science Prize winner 1985.
- Latvian, Russian, English.
Professional and teaching experience
- Head of Laboratory, Institute of Polymer Mechanics, Latvian
Acad. of Sci., 1964 - at present. (Deputy Director 1975 - 1986).
- Assistant, Docent (Associate Prof.), Polytechnical Institute,
Riga, 1963 - 1967.
- Associate Professor of Mechanics, Latvian University, 1967
- Professor of Mechanics, Latvian University, 1975 - at present.
- Editor-in-Chief, Mekhanika Kompozitnih Materialov (Mechanics
of Composite Materials), 1988 - at present.
- Editor, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 1984 -
- Editor, Prikladnaya Mekhanika (Applied Mechanics), 1991 - at
- Editor, Archives of Mechanics, 1996.
- Editor, Mechanics of Time Dependent Materials, 1996.
- Editor of Proceedings of First and Second US-USSR Symposia "Fracture
of Composite Materials", 1979, 1982.
- Editor of the numerous books in Russian.
- Member of Academia Europaea, since 1995.
- Member of Latvian Academy of Sciences, since 1992.
- President of Latvian National Committee for Theoretical and
Applied Mechanics, since 1992.
- Member of General Assembly of International Union Theoretical
and Applied Mechanics, since 1993.
- Member of International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics
and Mathematics, since 1989.
- Member of Latvian Council of Science, 1993 - 1996.
Applied research activity
- EUREKA Project EU888 "EUROSPRING", current.
- EC Project JOULE-2.
- Research Contract with Alfa-Laval Separation Co, Sweden, 1990
- A number of contracts with ex-USSR industry in composite materials,
fracture mechanics, fatigue, theoretical and experimental investigations.
- Lehigh University USA, 1975 - 1976.
- Berlin Technical University, 1996.
- Lehigh University, VPI & SU,
Northwestern University, Wisconsin University, Bridgeport University.
- Magdeburg Technical University, Berlin Technical University.
- Grenoble University, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de
- Linkoping University, Chalmers Technical University, Lulea
- National University of Athens.
- Beijing Institute of Aviation Materials.
- Aalborg University, RISO Centre.
- Pohang University.
- A number of Universities and Research Centers.
- V.Kuksenko and V.Tamuzs. Fracture Micromechanics of Polymer
Materials. //Riga, Zinatne, 1975, in Russian, English translation
- Martinus Nijhoff Publ. - 1981, 310 p.
- A.Malmeisters, V.Tamuzs, and G.Teters. Mechanik der Polymerwerkstoffe. //Riga,
Zinatne, 1972, in Russian three editions, German translation - Akademie
-Verlag. - Berlin., 1977, 597 p.
- N.Romalis and V.Tamuzs. Fracture of Nonhomogenous Solids. Riga,
1989, 224 p. (in Russian, English translation in progress).
- V.Tamuzs and co-authors. Fracture of Composite Structures. Riga,
1986, 263 p. (in Russian).
- V.Tamuzs (with co-authors). Orientational Averaging in Mechanics
of Solids. Riga, 1989, 190 p. (in Russian, English translation
by Longman Publ. 1992).
- Over 150 papers in Mekhanika Kompozitnih Materialov, Mekhanika
Tverdovo Tela, Prykladnaya Matematika and Mekhanika, Theoretical
and Applied Fracture Mechanics, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Engineering
Fracture Mechanics, Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, Proceedings
of ICF "Fracture", Proceedings of Latvian Academy
of Sciences, etc.